The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore, the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy as outlined in the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computers hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
Contact & Communication
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 [GDPR]. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
The Personal Data We Process
- Identity Data: including your name, username (or similar unique identification numbers that we may apply to you), email address, telephone numbers and any other digital communications data.
- Contact Data:including you billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone number(s). Transaction Data: including the details of the products purchased and the date, time and location of sale.
- Technical Data:including information we collect through your use of our websites and mobile apps, where you came to our website from and where you went when you left our website, how often you visit and use our websites and mobile apps, technical information about the devices you use to access our websites and mobile apps (including your device’s unique identifying codes (e.g. its “MAC” address), relevant IP address, operating system and version, web browser and version, and geographic location).
- Profile Data:including your username, salutation (Mr, Mrs etc) purchases, orders, your interests, your preferences, your feedback, your survey responses, our social media content
- Usage Data:including information about how you use our website, mobile apps, products and services (such as details of your table reservations).
- Marketing and Communications Data:including your preferences in receiving marketing from us, your communication preferences and information on what you view, click on and access in and through our marketing emails, text messages and push notifications.
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with products or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How We Keep Your Personal Data Secure
We take the security of your personal data very seriously and have in place appropriate security measures at all times, including where we share your information with our suppliers and partners, to protect your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. We have also put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Please take care of your own information. For security tips and tricks when using the internet, Wi-Fi and smartphones or tablets, please visit www.getsafeonline.org.
Our Retention of Your Personal Data
We can only keep your personal data for as long as necessary for the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
The precise length of time we hold your personal data for varies depending on the individual circumstances, but in determining the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In certain circumstances, you may have the right to request access, transfer, rectification and/or erasure of the personal data that we process about you. You may also have the right to object to and/or restrict our processing of your personal data. Details of the rights are set out below:
- Access: you may request access to your personal data, which enables you to receive a copy of the personal data that we hold about you and to check to see if we are processing it lawfully.
- Rectification: you may request rectification of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us
- Erasure: you may request erasure of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Withdrawal of Consent: where we have relied on your consent to process your personal data you will have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.